Tuesday, May 4, 2010

30 and Out


In a miracle of science and nature, the kids and I all slept until 8:30 this morning. I know what you are thinking: "Ahhh" (pleasant sigh). But given the fact that we have to be out the door by 9:00 to get Josh to preschool, you should instead be thinking: "Ahhh!" (nervous shriek). Here is a glimpse of getting 3 children and a harried mom out the door in 30 minutes flat, without being late for preschool --ok, not being any later than we usually are...

"Josh, wake up and go potty... JOSH... potty, Josh... come on... *pulling covers off*... get up for school...JOSH... Yao, it's ok, accidents happen... DON'T take your pants off in here... no, go to the bathroom... I'll be there in a second *gathering bedsheets, pillowcase, comforter & pajamas and running them downstairs to the wash*... Cara, yes, I'm coming, yes, I'll get the spider... what did I do with him? Sent him home to his Maker... I mean his Mommy... Cara, get off the sink, get down right now!...here, put this on, Cara... how about this... how about this... how about this... no, it's 80 degrees you can't wear snowpants... OK, FINE, WEAR THE SNOWPANTS... Josh, your underwear are on backwards...Yao, wash your hands before you touch anything else... OK, Yao, I'll get your noodles...I said I'll get them. I'm getting them now... yes, I am getting them... yes, it will be big... ok, then which spoon do you want... the green one's dirty...I am not washing it... *washing green spoon* OK, here... Cara, get off the sink... Cara, stop feeding your waffle to the dog... Cara, CARA!... Josh, I don't know why my hair is curly... no, don't hand it to me, get a Kleenex for goodness sakes... how about this bowl... this bowl?... this bowl?... Cara, get off the sink... Where are your sandals, where are your sandals... here they are... oh, no! Dog poop! Cara, stop wiping the dog poop off the sandals... STOP IT! OK, everyone in the car... no, you can't buckle yourself... yes, Cara, that's a dandelion... ok, everyone stop picking Daddy's phlox... stop it... stop it... stop picking phlox... stop picking phlox RIGHT NOW...

And away we went --snowpants, defaced sandals, pocketfuls of phlox & all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I hope you stopped to pour a little Kahula in your cup :) Also note to Cara- snowpants so do not go with sandals.

    ReplyDelete